Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Vincent's wings have been bothering me for some time now.

They're wrong. So wrong. I didn't do any research whatsoever when I first started drawing this thing back in high school, and although other aspects of the design have improved (posture, expression, line of action, etc.) his wings remain fixed in the original, crappy high school design.

Well, no more. When Vincent returns in December, I will have taken those broken wings and learned to fly again! (Sorry. It was either going to be Mr. Mister or Bette Midler. I stand by my choice.)

BEHOLD!

Note that these wings do not suck. Also, they look pretty cool. Vincent essentially has hands now. The way bat anatomy works, what would be his index finger is short enough he can use it as an index finger.

When he folds up his wings, they look much more different than before. They look better. They give his body nice mass and shape.

See what I mean? Now this is a bat who can fly.

In the second illustration above, you may notice that I tried pushing his nose out to give him more of a muzzle. It just doesn't work. So I'll keep his nose where it is. There are some pug-faced bats, after all.

So there. Something to look forward to as I continue to slog my way to the finish line of this stupid NaNoWriMo thing.

2 comments:

Garrick said...

I like the new wings a lot. Much more Dark Knight Returns.

Garrick said...

Hey! You beat NaNoWriMo! Awesome!

Congratulations!

Please celebrate by drawing something to amuse us.

Immediately.