Sunday, June 06, 2004

One day the geeky high school student went to college ...

And he found he missed doing comic strips. So, inspired by the insane dalmatian named Holly that he and his wife brought into their lives, he created a new character ... DEVIL DOG.

So here is the second of two (count 'em two) strips I did for my college paper. I have the first one kicking around somewhere. If I ever locate it, I'll be sure to post it.

Those of you who know me can probably guess what this comic strip is really about. On the surface, it's a response to the Heaven's Gate group suicide.

Note that there are at least two hidden penises in this strip.


(Yikes. I was really full of piss and rage!)

Devil Dog has evolved quite a bit, and is now far more inspired by our second dalmatian Piper:



Piper's just happy to be here. So is Devil Dog.

Even though the inspiration has shifted over the years, Devil Dog bears a heart-shaped spot on his shoulder as a tribute to his original inspiration, Holly. (Holly had the same spot, but on her left shoulder.)

I hope you've enjoyed this little walk down memory lane! As I said in the entry about the early "Up to Bat" strip, I think it's neat to see how this character has evolved over the years.

No comments: